Strategic Development DirectorFort Worth Star-Telegram
Come join a household name and help us as we conquer the print & digital marketplace!
Develop, design and implement all B2B and B2C marketing and public relations strategies and activities for the company including support of daily, weekly, ethnic, niche, special section, and online brands/titles. Develop consistent awareness, positioning, branding, and image of newspapers, associated online sites, and commercial product suite through traditional and non-traditional means including marketing partnerships, sponsorship opportunities, events, relationship building with groups and organizations, merchandising, print and digital advertising, collateral, public relations, direct mail, video, content marketing, and other means always consistent with brand strategy.
Responsibilities additionally include business development responsibilities including demand-generation activities and sales management including comprehensive lead generation, event marketing, content marketing, sponsored content, trade, partnerships, and other revenue-generating activities.
Develop and maintain effective methods and documentation to track and ensure accountability and positive return-on-investment for all marketing and business development activities.
- Lead and manage Marketing & Business Development Department to meet the objectives of the department and company.
- Hire, lead, train, and coach to develop the strength of the marketing department to meet company needs.
- Develop and implement the overall marketing, communications, and public relations strategy for the company including developing B2C and B2B programs designed to enhance the brand positioning of the Star-Telegram and increase demand and “willingness to buy” for full suite of product and services.
- Develop and implement effective community relations and partnership programs designed to enhance the brand experience and visibility of Star-Telegram products consistent with overall marketing strategy.
- Design, develop and implement company collateral needs (including interactive sales materials) for circulation, advertising and other as needed.
- Develop and implement marketing, communications, and public relations strategies as they relate to the support of new product launches, personnel, and company developments.
- Implement comprehensive special sections/niche products marketing strategy including in-house advertising, collateral development, direct mail, e-mail, events, and other means designed to increase readership and advertising support for all company special sections and niche products.
- Manage content development for all special sections/niche publications (including classified and other vertical sections) and evolve to sponsored/native content model.
- Develop online vertical products including targeted and sponsored newsletters leveraging content and database marketing.
- Develop promotion and contest programs to support newspaper brand, database growth, sponsorship opportunities and advertiser-specific programs.
- Develop and implement comprehensive multimedia inbound/content marketing programs designed to develop and nurture qualified sales leads. Monitor performance and effective ROI of program.
- Work collaboratively with advertising department in execution of company events strategy including multimedia marketing support, programming, venue selection, and logistics management, etc.
- Develop and implement on-going marketing, public relations, promotional and event-marketing programs designed to increase event revenues, advertising, sponsorship, and circulation sales, to meet company objectives and improve readership and reader interaction with our brands, enhance enterprise and brand value and improve visibility of our events in the marketplace.
- Work closely with advertising sales department in the development and execution of Excelerate digital marketing services including advertiser events toward market education, qualified lead development, and brand building.
- Lead sales and marketing efforts toward developing sponsors for key enterprise journalism projects in coordination with the news and advertising departments.
- Manage and lead design and Ad Building team to meet department and company objectives.
- Implement campaign-driven multimedia programs to support newsroom enterprise and investigative journalism efforts including multimedia channels, including events and social media.
- Work collaboratively with human resources department and participate in the development and execution of in-house communications programs designed to improve employee communications, retention, relations, morale and overall company employee culture including publication of quarterly employee newsletter and preparation for employee meetings. Additional related external campaigns to assist in the recruitment of employee candidates.
- Collaborate closely with Audience group toward effective alignment and development of comprehensive B2C marketing and campaign development including circulation sales and marketing strategy. Program designed to increase paid circulation to meet assigned objectives.
- Develop and implement comprehensive social media marketing programs utilizing appropriate social media sites including implementation of official company blog to engage community and build positive brand equity and category authority. Program should additionally include consistent social media monitoring and engagement toward effective reputation management and customer service.
- Develop and build database and database capabilities and effectively utilize toward building B2B and B2C revenue and reader engagement, retention, and acquisition opportunities.
- Work closely with advertising department at a target-account level in the development and implementation of account-specific research, marketing, contest, and event/promotional-driven advertising proposals.
- Develop and implement targeted media trade agreements designed to enhance the scale of communications efforts consistent with overall marketing strategy.
- Develop and implement market research programs as needed. Organize and effectively communicate market research information.
- Provide support to content groups in design and development of requested infographics.
- Meet all assigned deadlines.
- Follow all company policies and procedures and other tasks as assigned.
Under supervision of the VP-Advertising, broad latitude in achieving established and assigned objectives.
Extensive community, organization and advertiser contact via partnership and other methods. Department fully integrated with advertising sales, but interacts regularly with other departments; in particular HR, Audience, and News. Regular interaction with Publisher.
1. Meet and exceed all assigned goals and objectives in a timely manner.
2. Update VP-Advertising and senior management team regularly on programs and measurements of success against assigned objectives.
3. Regular presentations to local clubs and organizations.
4. Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.