Project Superintendent & Construction Quality Control ManagerTejas Premier Building Contractor, Inc.
Tejas Premier Building Contractor, Inc a San Antonio based General Contractor has an opening for Project Superintendent to manage field operations. The ideal candidate will meet the qualifications below and live in the Abilene/surrounding area or be willing to relocate .
Superintendent - Immediate Interviews Tejas Premier Building Contractor, Inc. - San Antonio, TX Immediate Interviews
Schedules and directs the field construction activities of trade personnel and monitors subcontractor production and quality on a commercial building or building maintenance project and ensuring compliance with contractual obligations. Responsible for keeping projects on schedule, controlling costs, and maintaining profitability by utilizing their extensive commercial construction experience.
- Examines project schedules and coordinates labor, procures materials and equipment required for various project tasks.
- Monitors all production work of company and subcontractors and assures all work is within project specifications and plans.
- Inspects project work activities and serves to advise field supervision of possible safety hazards and assists in maintaining a clean and safe work environment. Including, but not limited to escorting inspectors at job sites, as needed; reporting all safety violations and/or accidents immediately to upper management;
- Conducts regular safety meetings with employees and subcontractors addressing specific work areas and conditions that require safety attention stressing compliance with Company and regulatory safety procedures.
- Coordinates with engineers, subcontractors, client/owner, inspectors, etc. to isolate project design and/ or specification problems and assists in developing solutions to these problems.
- Assures all production work is within project specifications and continually monitors work progress and quality of work. Including, but not limited to the following: complete daily job reports; maintain a Quality Control Plan for all phases of the project; maintain a set of "As-Built" drawings for each project to give to the Project Manager at the end of the project.
- Maintain communication with the Project Manager and/or VP of Operations on daily progress and/or problems that may arise
- Assist Project Manager in controlling project costs and maintaining overall profitability for the project.
- Associate Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school
- OJT can qualify as associate degree
- Prefer 5 to 7 years directly related experience.
- JOC or MACC experience a plus
- Attention to detail
- Plan Review
- Ability to maintain schedules
- Team Builder, Employee Retention Skills
- Interpersonal Skills, Oral Communication, Organizational, Problem Solving, Report Writing
Tejas Premier Building Contractor, Inc is seeking an experienced Construction Quality Control Manager (CQM) for commercial government construction projects to maintain quality on the Dyess AFB project.