Chemical Production Unit Manager
Reports to: Plant Manager
Provide process engineering support for the site including optimization and troubleshooting. Design projects to improve the plant’s quality,
productivity and meet Valtris’ safety and environmental standards.
Ensure/assist in compliance to environmental, training, safety, transportation and all other regulations that the company must abide by
while performing the following duties:
• Manage day-to day operations including SAP transactions, audits, safety issues, maintenance needs, capital projects, process
improvements, approving overtime, shipping and receiving materials, production training and procedures and other operational issue.
• Generate ideas, plans to enhance the performance of the manufacturing units, e.g., process, rate, yields and quality improvement through
lean manufacturing and six sigma concepts. Stimulate operations personnel to think outside the boundaries.
• Responsible for personnel employee development through growth, performance feedback, communication, involvement, skills
enhancement, delegating responsibility, decision-making and coaching.
• Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded through product consistency and prompt follow up to customer issues and feedback.
• Responsible for establishing safety/environmental performance targets, insuring proficiency of manufacturing departments with EH&S
procedures, guidelines, and requirements, insuring the funds for EH&S improvement projects are planned and acquired, and insuring
understanding and adherence to local, state and federal EH&S regulations.
• Support plant-wide initiatives through involvement in activities such as the development and implementation of the site’s Lean
Manufacturing Plan as well Strategic Planning develop and implementation that supports the plant and business objectives.
• Develop de-bottlenecking plans to improve product quality/volume increase to attract new products to the plant.
• Responsible for developing department budgets and performance metrics and meeting the budget and goals. Generate new ideas to
reduce productions and supply chain cost.
• Participate and represent the plant on appropriate plant business teams and the S&OP process.
• Conformance with the Valtris Quality and Environmental, Health, Safety and Security policies and awareness of ISO 9001 and RC14001
management system requirements applicable to this position.
• Support implementation and maintenance of the Valtris ISO 9001 and RC14001 management systems.
1. 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Mechanical or Chemical Engineering. MBA a plus.
2. 10 - 15 years Operations and Engineering experience in a chemical manufacturing plant.
3. 5 – 10 years supervisory experience.
4. Good customer skills, good communication skills both verbally and written, strong technical aptitude, multi-task oriented.
5. SAP experience preferred.
6. Computer literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
To apply for this position, send a copy of your current resume via email to Ashley Hensley at email@example.com.