Finance Budget Manager- Divisional Partnerships Manager
Job Title: Finance Budget Manager- Divisional Partnerships Manager
Job ID: 25806
Location: City College of New York
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Divisional Partnerships Manager will lead the work of creating systems, developing policies, and solving problems to ensure philanthropic resources are effectively and efficiently used by the College’s divisions.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the Divisional Partnerships Manager will:
- Develop strong relationships with Finance Managers across all divisions of CCNY
- Work with the CFO to establish reporting structures that provide divisions with comprehensive financial information
- Support the CFO and divisions in developing strategies to maximize resource utilization and mission attainment
- Advises management regarding funding appropriateness and proposes fiscal solutions to resolve academic and/or administrative issues
- Ensure divisions use resources in a manner consistent with donor restrictions
- Provide timely and accurate support of financial services to the Foundation and those of the college that rely on Foundation support
- Ensure integration of Foundation functions into College operations through communication, alignment of priorities, implementation of initiatives, and active engagement in organization or University administrative priorities
- Effectively represent organizational needs, challenges, and opportunities at the College level and proactively share knowledge and best practices
- Ensure all faculty and staff understand the regulations and The City College and City University of New York requirements as they pertain to Foundation Funds
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
- Strong written and verbal communication ability
- Customer service oriented
- Experienced financial strategist
- Eager to learn
- Friendly, positive and adaptable attitude, with a high degree of professionalism
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Documents and Sheets
- Five years of professional experience, with at least one in a managerial position
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
Please note: Until further notice, this is a hybrid position, eligible to work remotely and work in the office.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Manages the budget function of a College or major program under the direction of a senior administrator.
- Prepares guidelines, funding formulas, and models for the annual budget
- Supports strategic planning activities; assesses outcomes and makes recommendations regarding resource allocations.
- Monitors and analyzes budget expenditures
- Assists in developing budgeting policies and procedures, and interprets University-wide policy
- May hire, supervise, and train budget and/or clerical staff.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Finance Budget Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range $90,375 to $100,329; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number- Job ID
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions:
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
December 13, 2022
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.