BACKHOE/TRACTHOE OPERATORTexsun Electric
Full benefits pkg, co paid health ins, matching 401K, holidays & vacation, local work. Drug free workplace. Perm position. Texsun Electric, 817-535-4802
Operates several types of power construction equipment such as compressors, pumps, hoists, derricks, cranes, shovels, tractors, scrapers or motor graders to excavate, move and grade search, erect structural and reinforcing steel and pour concrete or other hard surface paving materials.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
- Turn valves and control air and water output of compressors and pumps.
- Adjust hand wheels and depress pedals to drive machines and control attachments such as blades, buckets, scrapers and swing booms.
- Read engineering drawings.
- Judge distances and slopes accurately.
- Use machinery to move construction materials, earth, and other heavy materials at construction sites.
- Operate equipment to clear and grade land to prepare it for construction of roads, buildings, and bridges.
- Use machines to dig trenches to lay or repair sewer and other pipelines and hoist heavy construction materials.
- Operate machinery that spreads asphalt and concrete on roads and other structures.
- Set-up and inspect equipment, make adjustments, and perform some maintenance and minor repairs.
- Control equipment by moving levers, foot pedals, operating switches, or joysticks.
- Work with in precise limits and standards of accuracy.
- Follow oral and written directions.
- Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Craft Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.