About The State University of New York:
The State University of New York is the largest comprehensive system of higher education in the United States, and more than 95 percent of all New Yorkers live within 30 miles of any one of SUNY's 64 colleges and universities. Across the system, SUNY has four academic health centers, five hospitals, four medical schools, two dental schools, a law school, the state's only college of optometry, and manages one US Department of Energy National Laboratory. In total, SUNY serves about 1.4 million students amongst its entire portfolio of credit- and non-credit-bearing courses and programs, continuing education, and community outreach programs. SUNY oversees nearly a quarter of academic research in New York. Research expenditures system-wide are nearly $1.1 billion in fiscal year 2022, including significant contributions from students and faculty. There are more than three million SUNY alumni worldwide, and one in three New Yorkers with a college degree is a SUNY alum. To learn more about how SUNY creates opportunities, visit www.suny.edu.
The Office Manager for SUNY's Office of Health and Hospital Affairs (OHHA) will be responsible for implementation of a new project-based management re-design of how the office functions, overall project management of the team's work to ensure initiatives are of high quality and meet deadlines, promotion of effective teamwork, as well as office administrative functions. The SUNY health and hospitals portfolio is complex, broad, and critically important to the health and wellbeing of New Yorkers.
The Office Manager supports OHHA's organizational success and achievement of our strategic mission. This individual will need to work independently and collaboratively with OHHA team and other SUNY teams. This role reports to OHHA's Senior Vice Chancellor (SVC).
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Implement new project-based management re-design of how OHHA functions:
- Create a structure for new approach, including overall design, office procedures, databases, reports, and communications.
- Maintain a high level visual/dashboard with goals and progress that allows for redistribution and alignment of work when needed to meet accelerated timelines or new initiatives.
- Perform day-to-day management of team projects to ensure high quality and timely work:
- Define project objectives, project scope, roles, and responsibilities
- Develop project budgets and track costs to ensure within budget
- Prepare project plans, identify key project milestones, workstreams & activities
- Track projects and provide comprehensive detailed reporting on status to SVC, team, and key stakeholders.
- Monitor progress against deadlines and proactively identify and elevate project risks
- Proactively recognize immediate issues and help troubleshoot solutions
- Interpret requests, help implement action, and brief leadership on important matters
- Serve directly as contributor to upcoming critical initiatives including organization of regional forums across the State, task forces, and workgroups
- Effectively manage the Office of Health and Hospital Affairs, including:
- Monitor and report on the office's budget and budget requests. Oversee process for review and approval and tracking to ensure spending stays within budget parameters
- Assist the SVC with creating PowerPoint presentations, agendas, and other materials for SUNY Board of Trustees meetings, committee meetings, and campus meetings
- Attend meetings when requested, take minutes, and track SVC follow-up action items
- Provide executive-level, professional support to the SVC, including calendaring
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Three to five years of experience in a health care setting or health policy making organization
- 7 or more years of experience supporting a high-level/executive level position in management and/or administration
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple detailed assignments independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Oracle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with various stakeholders at all levels
- Professional approach and discretion with confidential matters
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent Benefit Package which includes; NYS health insurance, free dental and vision, competitive retirement options, tuition assistance and generous vacation, sick and holiday accruals.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Please apply online at https://sunysystem.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=159228
Interested candidates are invited to apply online. Please submit a cover letter, resume and four professional references when applying. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
State University of New York System Administration is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or retaliation.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.