Director of CateringRidglea Country Club
Director of Catering
Our vision is to be recognized as a premier private country club. The role of this position is to support the team with premier and lasting positive impressions at every moment of truth you can affect in person, over the telephone or by print/on screen. This position is also to support the team in coordinating and delivering the best experience possible for our members and their invited guests. A moment of truth is when a member is in contact with the Club and where a member is in touch with the Club. The Director of Catering position is critical to the Club's success and will oversee all aspects of the department and events.
- Promoting the Club’s event facilities to all members and guests.
- Scheduling calls/visits to access on-going needs of prospective clients for catering service.
- Providing guest tours and offering suggestions in an effort to sell the merits of the Club’s facilities for the occasion being planned.
- Helping members and guests arrange breakfasts, luncheons, dinners, meetings, weddings, dances and other social events; obtaining pertinent information needed for guest planning.
- Suggesting menus in conjunction with the Executive Chef and/or other culinary personnel. Work with the Chef to determine selling prices for catered events.
- Completing all necessary BEOs and other communication to ensure the event goes as planned.
- Checking room set-up, helping vendors with questions, and inspecting finished arrangements.
- Assisting as an acting Manager during the event.
- Ensuring all billing is completed correctly and mailed to the client.
- Planning all Club Events to include reservations, décor, entertainment, menus, beverage, service and tear down.
- Maintaining past and potential client files.
- Developing catering sales budgets, reviews financial reports and takes corrective actions as appropriate.
- Maintaining the Catering section on the Club’s website.
- Undertaking special projects as requested by the AGM and/or General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a service heart.
- have strong food and beverage credentials providing a “WOW” experience.
- have strong technology skills, including Microsoft and POS; Reserve Interactive knowledge is a plus.
- be self-motivated and an independent thinker.
- be an excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- have a strong sense of urgency.
- a minimum of 5 years of management experience in an upscale service club or restaurant.
Assistant General Manager
Assistant Director of Catering
Please send resumes to: Kristina@Ridgleacountryclub.com