Mesonet Finance Administrator
Mesonet Finance Administrator
Mesonet Finance Administrator (R22-46)
About RF for SUNY at the University at Albany:
Employment is with The Research Foundation for the State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that provides essential sponsored program administration and innovation support services to SUNY faculty and students whose ideas and research generate ground-breaking discovery and translate to entrepreneurial and economic development opportunities for New York State.
Working at the SUNY Research Foundation for the University at Albany, you will be part of a team that provides essential services to the University as it moves to the front ranks of American higher education, supporting the advancement of education, research and discovery. The University at Albany, a nationally recognized research university with outstanding faculty, researchers and staff, offers challenging, exciting and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and excel.
Description of Duties:
The NYS Mesonet Clerk II is the acting Mesonet Finance Administrator. The Finance Administrator manages and coordinates all equipment orders; is responsible for all post-award paperwork; manages all project inventory; and acts as the initial customer support and services representative. The Finance Administrator provides assistance to the Mesonet PIs, Project Director, Technicians, and office staff and acts as the liaison between the project and University finance office, ASRC and DAES.
- Responsible for all NYS Mesonet purchase orders, tracking, receiving, and inventory.
- Place orders; coordinate with staff on shipments; coordinate with university asset management; monitor encumberments and open purchase orders, ensure that purchase orders are closed out to keep funds available.
- Administrative support to NYSM.
- Process monthly travel vouchers for field techs; make monthly credit card reconciliations for field techs and department; recharge invoices; keep track of data request payment; maintain updated payroll forms, labor distribution forms, new hire forms/on-boarding.
- Responsible for all NYS Mesonet post-award functions and maintenance
- Monitor awards, request to extend accounts when necessary; assist with organizing travel for conferences and other trips.
- Keep current in knowledge and interpretation for regulations and procedures with sponsors, Research Foundation, SUNY, federal agencies and campus departments.
- Manages all system metadata and inventory
- Provides clerical support for NYSM
- Associate's degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization or three to five years relevant experience.
- Budget and/or purchasing experience, including computer applications related to these activities
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (e.g., Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Ability to set priorities, be organized, and detail oriented.
- Good time management skills.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization with course work in Meteorology, environmental sciences, computer science, GIS, or related fields
- Familiarity with meteorological instrumentation and data collection
Salary Range: $40,000 - $55,000
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report ("Clery Report"): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, contact information for three work-related references, along with a letter of application to https://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=151360
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.