Director Finance and Budget
Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required. Three or more years’ experience preferred. Higher education industry experience a plus. Experience in forecasting/budgeting. Thorough knowledge with computer accounting systems, including report writing software such as Crystal Reports. Intermediate to Advanced spreadsheet (Excel) and word processing experience required. Candidate must possess excellent organization, analytical, oral and written communication skills. Also, ability to interact professionally within the University community.
The Sr. Accountant will be responsible for these primary functions:
- Financial Analysis
- Management financial report preparation
- Monthly close process/journal entries
- Audit work papers
- Project Costing
- Policies and Procedures
- Backup for key areas in Business Office
- Provide data, analysis and metrics for the annual budget process. Input revenue and expenditure assumptions and conduct predictive budget modeling.
- Accumulate information, and coordinate preparation of internal management reports.
- Provide analysis, data and metrics to support ongoing forecast reporting. Coordinate with operating departments to obtain information pertaining to expense projections.
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Determine budgetary impacts and perform analysis resulting from the implementation of various university programs, goals, and policies.
- Record/generate monthly journal entries.
- Implement and enforce policies and procedures regarding budgets and expenditure controls.
- Responsible for preparation of actual/budget/forecast reports for periodic meetings of the Board of Trustees.
- Prepare work paper requests and coordinate data accumulation for annual external financial statement audit.
- Accumulate data and prepare schedules for annual cost segregation analysis.
- Preparation of cost/benefit analysis of miscellaneous projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, such as backup for Accounts Payable function.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - SENIOR ACCOUNTANT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.