TECHNOLOGY TRANSACTIONS ATTORNEY
FINANCIAL INFO SVCS AGENCY
Job Posting Notice
Job ID: 542027
Business Title: TECHNOLOGY TRANSACTIONS ATTORNEY
Civil Service Title: EXECUTIVE AGENCY COUNSEL
Title Classification: Non-Competitive
Job Category: Technology, Data & Innovation, Legal Affairs
Career Level: Executive
Work Location: 5 Manhattan West
Division/Work Unit: ADM/Legal
# of Positions: 1
Title Code No: 95005
Proposed Salary Range: $ 58,700.00 - $130,000.00 (Annual)
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
The New York City Financial Information Services Agency and Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) has a vacancy for a Technology Transactions Attorney.
FISA-OPA comprises two New York City agencies operating under a combined management structure. FISA-OPA is a state-of-the-art information technology (IT) service center that develops and manages IT applications and systems for critical City financial, timekeeping, human resources, and other functions. FISA-OPA also maintains the City’s payroll system, and manages payments to City employees, retirees, and vendors.
The successful candidate will operate under general supervision with significant latitude for the exercise of independent judgment, and will handle a variety of agency matters with a particular focus on IT-related transactional work. Typical areas of work include:
- Alone or assisting a senior attorney, develop, draft, review, and negotiate complex IT-related contracts and contract provisions (e.g., software licenses, hardware acquisition, maintenance, system implementation, SaaS and other cloud services, consulting services, etc.) consistent with City policies and requirements.
- Work collaboratively with legal, technical, and business teams to meet agency needs.
- Provide practical advice, information, and updates to agency personnel at all levels on IT-related legal issues, including data privacy and security.
- Review compliance with agency software and data licensing obligations.
- Address other IT-related legal issues as necessary.
- Research and draft legal opinions and policy statements.
- Advise on questions of law, fact, and administrative and agency policies.
- Perform other legal and related duties as assigned, such as responses to records requests/subpoenas and Freedom of Information Law responses.
Minimum Qual Requirements
Admission to the New York State Bar; and four years of recent full-time responsible, relevant, satisfactory legal experience subsequent to admission to any bar, eighteen months of which must have been in the supervision of other attorneys, in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity, or performing highly complex and significant legal work.
Incumbents must remain Members of the New York State Bar in good standing for the duration of this employment.
- At least two years of experience (subsequent to admission to any bar) handling and completing complex IT transactional matters independently.
- Familiarity with software audit/compliance reviews.
- Familiarity with data privacy security laws.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 542027. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
35 hours Weekly/Day.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
POSTING DATE: 07/22/2022
POST UNTIL: Until Filled
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.