OFFICE TITLE: PERSONNEL OFFICER
APPLICATION DEADLINE: UNTIL FILLED
CIVIL SERVICE TITLE/LEVEL: ADMIN ASST- CFB
DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
POSITION STATUS: PART-TIME
SALARY: $27.00 - $33.00
JOB ID #: 548238
Please select a category that best fits your position.
□ Policy, Research & Analysis □ Technology, Data & Innovation □ Constituent Services & Community Programs
□ Legal Affairs □ Finance, Accounting & Procurement □ Public Safety, Inspections & Enforcement
□ Administration & Human Resources □ Social Services □ Other: _____________________________________
We provide flexible work hours and environment. Start your career here at the NYC Campaign Finance Board. Click on the link to learn more about the open positions at our agency!
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN FINANCE BOARD
The New York City campaign Finance Board is a nonpartisan, independent city agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections. We are dedicated to making our local democracy more open, transparent, and equitable. We eliminate barriers to participation by providing access to the information and resources New Yorkers need to vote or run for office and reduce the corrupting influence of money in politics by enhancing the impact of New Yorkers’ small-dollar contributions.
You would be working with a staff and leadership that is mission driven and committed to continuous improvement for the staff and the public.
ABOUT THE UNIT/DEPARTMENT
The Office of Human Resources delivers HR solutions to the agency as the liaison to external city government oversights for succession planning, payroll management, policy implementation. This individual will assist with payroll, recruitment, onboarding, and additional administrative duties as assigned.
- Review and process all new hire requests. Work closely with HR/CFO/EEO and Hiring Managers to ensure vacancy announcements have correct titles and salaries, in accordance with civil service and hiring policy has been followed.
- Posting and removal of vacancy announcements from career websites and job boards. Audit for accuracy and compliance as needed to fill all agency vacancies.
- Publish, socialize, and refresh job postings and announcements.
- Manage applicant folders, pre-screen candidates effectively identifying best qualified.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with a variety of internal and external business partners (e.g., campus career services staff, local govt./community engagement groups, DCAS for E-hire, third party advertising agency, internal hiring managers).
- Ensure pre-employment documents including background checks are completed for all positions.
- Provide support to the HR team. Facilitate corporate onboarding for new hires virtually and in person including orientation, new hire paperwork.
- Assist payroll manager with payroll related responsibilities.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and tasks based on business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of experience in HR/Administrative function.
- Meticulous, strong attention to detail.
- Prioritization skills
- Customer service background
- High level of technical proficiency, particularly working with platforms for recruiting.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills including presenting
- Intermediate Knowledge of E-hire, NYCAPS, Microsoft Office
- Ability to design and conduct trainings
- Familiarity with construction of recruitment strategies
- Please select the following link to apply directly to this vacancy: PERSONNEL OFFICER
- Resume and Cover Letter are required for consideration.
- Note that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on careers with the NYC Campaign Finance Board visit our website at https://www.nyccfb.info/to access the full listing of job opportunities and to learn more about our agency.
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
Pursuant to Department of Citywide Administrative Services Commissioner’s Directive No. 2020-20 (concerning the Recruitment of Personnel During the Covid-19 Crisis), New York City residency must be obtained within six months after Emergency Executive Order No.98 is rescinded. If that time has passed, residency must be obtained within 90 days of the start date.
The CFB is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply. If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodation to apply for an employment opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 409-1800.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.