Registered Nurse, Student Health Services
Registered Nurse, Student Health Services
To provide the medical/nursing care to students at the Mount Saint Mary's University Student Health Centers (Doheny and Chalon). Responsible for the coordination of student health services, basic ambulatory nursing care, health education, and assistance with supervision of patient care. Provision of screening services for students to support their progression to clinical placements
Hourly Rate Range: $39.10 - $44.29
Hiring salary can be above the posted pay range if candidate's qualifications are determined to be above the minimum requirements of the position description
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides primary health care services including basic ambulatory care, first aid, vaccinations, TB skin testing, phlebotomy, physical assessments, health education and counseling
- Participates in the development of nursing policies and procedures, as requested
- Consults with the Nurse Practitioner (NP), off-site Medical Director, Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS) Staff and off-campus physicians and/or specialists with regard to referrals, appointments, and follow-up treatment. Coordinate care between the Doheny and Chalon campuses by facilitating referrals and follow-up care
- Reports Communicable Diseases to LA County and work with Public Health officials in the event of a communicable disease outbreak
- Responds to health emergencies on campus and provide initial treatment for life- threatening and urgent situations
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves on Student Affairs Division and University Committees as requested
- Collaborates with the Division of Student Affairs and other University Units on wellness, health education, prevention, and intervention related to students
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Strong working knowledge of ambulatory and primary health services for the college student population, health regulations and legal issues, basic laboratory procedures and testing as well as vaccination standards
- Knowledge of community health, health education, public health principles, pharmaceuticals and formulary maintenance, current health issues (especially those pertaining to adolescent and adult health), and response to infectious disease outbreak
- Knowledge of childhood and adult immunizations, basic emergency care and triage; accurate medical documentation, medico-legal issues and health related regulations; health promotion and disease prevention
Abilities and Skills:
- Interact professionally with healthcare providers, students, support staff, and faculty
- Excellent ability to assess situation urgency, effectively solve problems in a professional healthcare environment, and provide accurate healthcare needs
- Strong organizational skills, customer service, oral/written communication, counseling, critical thinking, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be agile and learn and adopt new processes and information when needed
- Demonstrated computer competency, knowledge of electronic medical records systems, and Microsoft programs, and social media
- Registered Nurse from an NLN-accredited program
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly desirable
- Minimum 2 years of nursing, preferably in a college health setting, ambulatory or acute care
- Demonstrated knowledge of college health and adolescent medicine
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid RN Licensure issued by the California Board of Registered Nurses
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association
- Background check required by policy. A Tuberculosis skin test or a TB blood test is required, and proof of testing must be provided prior to start date. Hepatitis B vaccination series is required and proof of vaccination must be provided prior to start date. The RN will participate in monitoring the TB requirements for the SHS personnel and nurses. A uniform in the form of scrubs is recommended
- Indicate the physical requirements described below that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. If needed, reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities
Work Location: Both Chalon Campus (West Los Angeles) and Doheny Campus (Downtown Los Angeles). Remote work is available when needed.
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Mount Saint Mary's University's commitment to equity, diversity and justice (EDJ) is steeped in the tradition and legacy of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet (CSJ), our Catholic identity, mission and values. We are unwavering in our pursuit of inclusion, belonging and antiracism. We aspire to achieve our love of dear neighbor without distinction, which permeates all forms of social identities and human experiences.
We honor and celebrate our similarities and differences. We are committed to the full inclusion of the entire Mount community. Due to historical legacies of exclusion, we offer particular care for underrepresented populations. We define diversity in the broadest sense, including but not limited to, age, differences in culture, citizenship status, disability, family status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, generational history, genetic information, geographic origin, language, political perspectives, mental and physical ability, military service, national origin, race and ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, size and socioeconomic class.
Welcoming individuals from a variety of backgrounds improves and enriches our learning, living and working environments. Any breach of these values harms our community. Mount Saint Mary's University transforms its culture through the radical pursuit of institutionalized change. We strive for a campus where students, staff, faculty, alumnae and all whom we encounter feel welcomed, valued and are supported to reach their full potential.
As we pursue our never-ending journey toward a more equitable, inclusive and antiracist campus in our richly diverse community, we welcome you.
Please submit cover letter and resume.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The University will not assist applicants with any visa matters.
A background check will be required.
Employees may disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status with MSMU's Human Resources on a voluntary basis. Some MSMU clinical healthcare partners may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination to work at their facilities. If required, your academic division will inform you.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4972743
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.