Full-Time/Part Time Custodian
$15.00 per hour
Clean public areas of the Museum, office, and other areas as requested to help achieve a pleasant, orderly, and attractive experience for Museum visitors, employees, and volunteers.
General hours 7 am-4 pm. Must be available to work weekends and occasional evenings.
Essential Duties Include:
Sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming floors, including operating the floor scrubbing and polishing machines as needed. Cleaning restrooms each morning and several times each day. Dusting furniture including chairs, desks, computers, tables, equipment, lights, etc. (not artwork). Emptying trash containers and picking up trash in parking lots as requested. Polishing furniture, rails, chrome on chairs, etc. Assisting in moving chairs and tables for special events and with other special cleaning needs as requested.
• High school degree or equivalent
• Two or more years prior custodial/cleaning work experience helpful
• Ability to routinely bend, stretch, kneel, reach, climb stairs, and spend the majority of the day walking and standing
• Ability to use cleaning equipment, including the ability to operate and control a large floor scrubbing machine
• Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs
• Ability to understand directions from supervisor and follow through on a timely basis. Ability to understand and follow directions on the proper use of cleaning products and equipment
• Initiative and ability to work independently without constant supervision. A cooperative, team-oriented attitude, and ability to work well with others
The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth offers a good working environment with competitive compensation and opportunity for overtime, a full package of employee benefits including health, dental, life insurance, vacation and sick pay, and a 401K benefit with Museum contributions.
Send your resume today!