Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority
State of Minnesota
The Board of Commissioners of the Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority (MSFA) is conducting a search for an Executive Director.
The Executive Director is the principal administrator directly responsible for the internal operation and management, of the activities and responsibilities of the MSFA. The Executive Director is integral in establishing and maintaining staff and business relationships of the MSFA for U.S. Bank Stadium in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Executive Director, under the direction of the Chair and the Board, is responsible for implementing the MSFA’s short and long-term policies and initiatives and overseeing the management contracts that provide for Stadium operations. The Executive Director is responsible for the administration of major contracts with the MSFA. The position provides leadership and management in accordance with Minnesota laws and rules, and in a manner that safeguard’s the Authority’s financial accounts.
The successful candidate must enjoy the challenges of working in a very competitive, politically sensitive field of sports, entertainment and facilities management, develop innovative solutions to unique business challenges, and have superior communication skills.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and subject to State of Minnesota guidelines applicable to Minnesota political subdivisions.
Classification Status: Unclassified, Benefit eligible, this position may include limited teleworking/flexible scheduling options.
Primarily responsible for the direction, management and supervision of all MSFA staff, finances and contract agreements in relation to the coordination and operation of the U.S. Bank Stadium sports and entertainment facility. Primarily responsible for oversight of ASM Global and Aramark contracts regarding U.S. Bank Stadium.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Business, Sports or Public Administration or related field.
- At least six years of experience that could include a combination of management or supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of facility management sufficient to operate large sporting and entertainment complexes.
- Functional knowledge of financial management, including creating and administering budgets, fiscal policy, and statutory/regulatory compliance.
- Experience in public communications, both written and oral, including partnering with and presenting to boards, commissions, governing bodies, professional associations, diverse interest groups or other groups to obtain agreement to advance programs, events and facilities.
- Demonstrated leadership and organization management skills, including dispute resolution and conflict management, leading discussions, motivating employees, establishing and maintaining positive working relationships.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and strategic analysis/planning, and relay recommendations to MSFA Chair and Commissioners and staff, licensees, sports, cultural and entertainment groups, other industry stakeholders.
- This position requires demonstrated knowledge and experience in public sector contracting and vendor relations management, including but not limited to: stadium operations, security, parking, food and beverage; and other contracting firms engaged in sports or entertainment venues.
- Demonstrated experience in sports or entertainment facility management.
- Experience managing business relationships with key stakeholders in a sports or entertainment event environment or similarly large, complex operating system.
- Ability to sufficiently manage human relations, budget and administrative duties necessary to lead a complex organization with multiple demands and differing political expectations.
- Knowledge of Minnesota government operations, e.g. data practices, open meetings, etc.
- Experience in public sector which could include state, county, and/or other government relations.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a small amount of force to occasionally to move and/or transport objects. A sedentary job is defined as one which involves being stationary (or sitting) most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if being active and moving from place to place is required only occasionally.
It is the policy of the Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority that all employees submit to a background investigation prior to employment, which includes the following components:
- A criminal history check and credit check
- Appropriate managerial assessment
- Reference check
- Driver’s license history
- Employment Assessment
How to Apply
Please visit our Minnesota Careers page at http://www.mn.gov/careers. The job opening identification number is 56199 to apply to this amazing opportunity. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
If you have questions about the position, contact Patrick Wenum at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.259.3639. To learn more about the Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority please visit their website at www.msfa.com
The Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority is located at 1005 South 4th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55415-1752.
The MSFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We will accept applications from June 6th through August 5th, 2022.