Sales Development Representative (McClatchy)McClatchy
McClatchy is hiring a Sales Development Representative for our Fort Worth advertising team!
The Sales Development Representative is the primary Lead Generation/Appointment Setter responsible for outbound appointment setting of new and non-traditional advertisers alike for a group of sales reps throughout the region. In addition to setting appointments, position is also responsible for developing quality leads that have the highest propensity to close by utilizing department resources, including but not limited to CSS’s, marketing consultants, analysts and key data insight tools
- Complete a minimum of 80-100 outbound calls per day to new businesses from provided and self-generated lead lists
- Identify and Qualify leads within region utilizing insights, data and resources
- Engage influencers and decision makers from lead lists
- Gather sales intelligence and provide pre-call notes to reps, utilize CSS’s as needed
- Confirmation of appointment through acceptance of calendar invites and full use of Salesforce to collaborate and communicate internally and externally.
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Research/Data Driven
- Outbound Calling
- Detail Oriented
- Critical Thinking
- SalesForce Adoption
- Emotional Intelligence
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1 - 3 years of experience in prospecting
- Cold calling experience a plus
The fulltime position includes a competitive salary, incentives program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match. The Fort Worth Star-Telegram is part of McClatchy.