Manager, Local Advertising SalesMcClatchy
The Local Sales Manager position will be a creative, influential, and a resourceful team member with a true passion for new business development and client retention. This position is responsible for coaching team members to develop a highly effective sales team based on Focus, Strategic Planning, Vision and Execution. Additional responsibilities include teach all of the multi-channel solutions and how each provides ROI for clients; mentor team members to build confidence, provide feedback, be in the field and connect with advertisers.
Success Factors for this Position:
- Business Acumen / critical thinking: planning smarter, analyze the big picture, solution oriented;
- Digital Acumen: know it, live it, demand it from team;
- Apply focus on the engagement of research, data usage and the preparation for sales calls;
- Talent Acquisition / keep the funnel full;
- Communication insuring a clear understanding of sales expectations (enable, explain, support);
- Highly professional and can present an outstanding positive image;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail and follow
- Relevant experience through work in marketing, sales or service.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Leadership and focus (leveraging the strengths of the team and each team member);Coach, mentor and motivate;
- Utilize activity metrics and align them with sales goals and wanted behaviors;
- Understand the industry competition;
- Create an environment of accountability, responsibility and collaboration;
- Think and plan strategically; include tactical execution;
- Develop our talent and retain top sales people;
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field, or Equivalent experience through work in marketing, sales or service.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of sales management experience, preferably in advertising field
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Supervises sales team.up to 6 B2B digital and print sales reps.
Excellent Base, Uncapped commission and benefits.
McClatchy is an equal opportunity employer