Client Success StrategistConfidential
The Client Success Strategist (CSS) is a large contributor to the overall success of The Kansas City Star digital business as they will own the day-to-day management of digital accounts and help develop strategies to drive future account performance. The CSS will assist in creating strategic digital solutions after Strategist must be a team player willing to provide support where needed with other misc. projects and planning.
Client Management + Strategic Planning
- Grow and develop the designated business.
- Build trust with and advise clients, providing a range of options to achieve client business and marketing objectives.
- Manage and effectively communicate client expectations for all initiatives.
- Contact and develop relationships with designated senior-level and mid-level clients.
- Supervise “day-to-day” designated client initiatives, including, but not limited to, business-building, strategy, media and creative projects.
- Play an essential role in major presentations to clients, including annual planning and selling creative, media plans and integrated campaign initiatives.
- Provide guidance to clients, assisting them with all aspects of their digital marketing and advertising.
- Deep dive with client web analytics platforms like Google Analytics.
- Deliver quality client reporting by auditing, implementing, and managing digital tag management platform.
- Show our clients the value of our work by creating custom reports based on campaign goals to measure website performance.
- Discover underperforming areas of the campaigns and identify opportunities to improve the campaign.
- Lead client presentation development, add insight to data, and field strategic and technical questions.
- Engage with clients and resolve difficult business issues.
- Own client goals with detail-oriented briefs and strong attention to project management and follow-through
- Define project parameters and client needs.
- Manage client expectations regarding timing, schedules and process.
- Gather initial project-timing feasibility evaluation (through PM).
- Take responsibility for overall communication to the client and of the client’s business, providing insight to our internal agency team members regarding client business or project-specific needs.
- Collaborate regarding projects’ strategic direction and integration.
- Consult with appropriate stakeholders and subject-matter experts in the idea development process.
- Recap client meetings in writing.
- Champion our internal agency process to ensure quality of work.
Provide leadership, support and expertise. Inspire, motivate, train and mentor the team as appropriate.
- Practice standard operating procedures within the department to engage with others professionally, efficiently and profitably.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Attends webinars and additional training opportunities to continue to increase knowledge.
- Must be self motivated and able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Possess leadership qualities as they manage multiple projects to meet client needs.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with personal computers, the Internet, database applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of web technologies, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and digital ad serving/trafficking.
- Previous experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Must be able to work effectively with others and communicate in a positive manner.
- Possess business and digital acumen; strategic thinker.
- Competitive, passionate and results driven.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and display strong problem solving abilities.
- Exhibits technical competency with systems and tools.
- Able to learn new computer/web-based/3rd party programs and tools.
- Must have experience with technical development across multiple platforms as well as an understanding of the greater digital landscape (online banners, mobile, digital analytics, search, etc.).
- Must have exceptional presentation skills as well as excellent analytical skills.
- Must be highly organized, with a charismatic and varied communication style.
- Two years of prior advertising account management experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Advertising or related field preferred
- Able to work under conditions where aggressive deadline pressures are essential.
Base + Commission and a full suite of Benefits!
The Star-Telegram is an equal opportunity employer.