Multi-skilled Maintenance TechMagneti Marelli
Industrial Multi-skilled Maintenance Tech
We have an immediate need for an Industrial Multiskilled Maintenance Technician; this candidate should have a strong background in all aspects of traditional electrical and mechanical maintenance of industrial production machinery. The person must have PLC troubleshooting skills, experience with drive control systems, CNC experience, excellent mechanical skills, and great interpersonal skills.
- Ensure safety by following all safety rules, procedures and Lock-out / Tag-out procedures and continuous improvement of housekeeping.
- Troubleshoot PLC controlled equipment as well as all plant electrical systems including motors, instrumentation, distribution, and feed control systems.
- Troubleshoot all plant Electrical and Mechanical systems and develop solutions accordingly.
- Communicate to all Maintenance and Production personnel effectively regarding system software changes, equipment modifications, procedural changes or safety related issues.
- PM equipment as required.
- Perform project work as needed.
- Possibly assist with moving existing and/or installing new equipment, run conduit such as EMT, Rigid and MC cable
- Maintain complete records of work performed using software, work orders and detailed logs and have good communication skills.
- Must be able to work from drawings, schematics, sketches and through verbal communication.
- Must be able to work independently on assigned projects/ tasks and report to supervision the status of each as needed.
- Must be able to inspect, operate and test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction.
- Must have experience with control devices such as switches, photo eyes, proximity sensors, push buttons, contactors, motors, motor starters, single and three phase, transformers, etc.
- Must be willing to work any shift schedule plus overtime as dictated by the needs of the business.
- Must have programmable logic control (PLC) knowledge with the ability to troubleshoot.
- Must have experience working with shop equipment (hand tools, volt meters, ohm meters, oscilloscopes, welding equipment, drill press, mill, and lathe) and operate equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
- Assist with equipment change overs and line startups, troubleshooting issues as needed.
- Must be able to access confined spaces
- Must be able to climb ladders, stairways, use a manlift/scissorlift at ceiling heights or above.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
- Assure that work practices are in the guidelines of OSHA standards.
- Follow all Environmental Health and Safety rules and ISO requirements.
- Assure that all products are built to the highest standard of quality.
- Follow all IATF16949 requirements.
- Participates in WCM, also provides suggestions to improve processes and participates on team projects.
- Position requires a minimum of two years of vocational education in maintenance-related skills and/or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of PLC and CNC Equipment. Minimum 3 years’ experience working with PLC’s and CNC’s or completion of Basic Electricity and Basic PLC courses at a state-accredited vocational school or community college.
Desired Skills: Please reference Job Qualifications Matrix for specific requirement on certain skills, defined below.
- Attention to the details.
- Complex problem solving.
- Possess the ability to create solutions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work in a team environment; good interpersonal skills, and good communication skills.
- Fluent in English
- Safety driven;
- Position is hands on requires Manufacturing floor mobility.
- Pursue Zero Defects
- Detail orientated mindset required for investigation and analysis of non-conformances
- Work well with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for eight hours, talk, and hear.
- The employee is required to perform highly repetitive motions.
- The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands to feel or handle, and to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and smell.
- Must be able to exert 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects from floor level to above shoulders
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; and vibration.
- The employee is frequently exposed to oils and greases or coolants.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of all job duties. Magneti Marelli reserves the right to change job duties or responsibilities as business needs change. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.