Director of Development, Fundraising and Community RelationsLVTRise
Director of Development, Fundraising
and Community Relations
Department/Group: Community Engagement Job Code/ Req#: DFCD/ Req# 003
Location: Fort Worth, TX Travel Required: Routine travel within
Level/Salary Range: Will discuss in interview Position Type: Full-time/Non-Exempt
Reporting to: Executive Director Date Posted: October 9, 2018
Website https://unitedwaytarrant.org/LVTRP/ Posting Expires: November 9, 2018
The Director of Development will accelerate the growth and funding resources available to LVTRise to
increase community partnerships, social services, and general assistance within the Las Vegas Trail
community. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will plan and initiate fund-raising activities,
direct the daily operations of the Community Engagement Department and help to develop and
implement a comprehensive strategic plan.
The Director of Development will work closely with the Executive Director to identify community
partners, cultivate and solicit gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations on a local, regional,
and national level. This role will assist in the develop of a long-term resource development plan, annual
marketing plan and implement the organization’s fund-raising appeal to improve the overall financial
stability of LVTRise and quality of life for residents within in the Las Vegas Trail community.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Plan, develop, and implement systems for generating resources/ and or revenues to support
organizational ability and sustainable growth.
● Lead the development and implementation of a three-year resource development plan and
funding strategy that underpins the organizations strategic goals.
● Develop framework and support systems to monitor annual giving and fundraising strategies in
line with the achievement of the three-year plan.
● Grow fundraising income to support the organization’s mission, vision, and strategic plan.
● Work closely with the Executive Director and leadership team to meet and exceed budgeted
goals to accelerate growth in a sustainable manner, across a diverse range of income streams.
● Develop strategies to engage individual donors, community partners, corporate entities and
new supporters to increase the growth of community resources.
Last Revised: 10/12/2018
● Establish a range of new income streams, with an emphasis on donor relations and grant
● Coordinate and develop a portfolio of large, long term, broad based corporate partnerships that
provide sustainable income, directly enhance the Las Vegas Trail community and improve the
public’s understanding of the mission and vision of LVTRise.
● Work closely with the Director of Programs to significantly increase the number of and value
derived from volunteers to support cost effective growth in fundraising activities.
● Establish key relationships with supporters, networks, and donors to perform appropriate
propositions and the establishment of a calendar of major events and initiatives.
● Grow income from events and manage key relationships with donors and community
● Work closely with the Executive Director and remainder of the LVTRise team to provide
leadership to the organization as a whole.
Qualifications and Skills:
● Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s degree preferred.
● At least 2 years of Capital Campaigning experience. Preferred but not required.
● 8-10 years of Fundraising experience required.
● Minimum of 3 to 5 years of successful Business Development and Community Engagement
within Corporate sector or Non-Profit community.
● Proven success with annual giving campaigns, major gift solicitation, fundraising strategies, and
capital campaigns that have accelerated income growth and established a more diversified and
sustainable income base.
● Experience of successfully leading change and growing income across multiple revenue streams.
● Demonstrable ability to understand how digital strategies can successfully support fundraising.
● Excellent written, leadership, and communication skills. Assured public presence and comfort
level with business, community leaders, and elected officials.
● Ability to effectively make presentations to prospective donors and interest groups.
● Ability to communicate the mission and vision of the organization effectively and interact with
all levels of the organization and funders to benefit a diverse community.
● Proven experience of establishing long term corporate partnerships that have provided the basis
for income, the promotion of the organizations mission and enhancement of brand.
● Experience of building and nurturing strong and productive relationships both internally and
Last Revised: 10/12/2018
● Motivated to improve lives for the better
● Positive and enthusiastic
● A proven leader of innovation
● Exceptional interpersonal skills
● Highly practical and strategic
Submit all resumes to: email@example.com