Janitorial Area SupervisorFort Worth Zoo
This position is responsible for the daily management and operation of the zoo’s custodial (janitorial) services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintaining cleanliness and appearance of all public and employee buildings on zoo grounds, dumpster areas, and restrooms
• Maintain the zoo recycling program
• Maintain custodial equipment assigned to personnel
• Assist in maintaining and monitoring inventory of supplies and equipment
• Manage regular schedule of special cleaning projects of facilities
• Assist other departments with special projects
• Support and assist with special events and after-hours functions as required
• Develop the operations custodial team
• Train and schedule the custodial personnel
Demonstrates leadership of employees through ongoing training to include applicable laws, Zoo policies, business conduct and ethics and the provision of quality services to guests and employees supporting the highest level of program integrity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Possess skills to operate large and small equipment
• Ability to operate basic office equipment
• Possess skills to use various cleaning chemicals used in janitorial areas
• Available to work approximately 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
• Must possess a working knowledge of janitorial techniques and equipment
• Valid driver license with acceptable motor vehicle record to maintain zoo standards of insurability
Education and/or Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 1-3 years experience in amusement park or related management atmosphere
• 1-3 years experience in custodial operations
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Team oriented environment
• Ability to work irregular hours (holidays and weekends)
• Ability to work special events and functions as required
• Ability to work outdoors in heat, cold and inclement weather