Corporate Event Sales Coordinator
Fort Worth Zoo Fort Worth, TX Full-time Sales
Posted on June 22, 2022
Corporate Event Sales Coordinator
This position is responsible for corporate event sales, coordination, implementation and supervision of all corporate Event Sales functions at the Fort Worth Zoo.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Outside sales calls for corporate and individual events such as company picnics, client parties, corporate functions, daytime meetings, etc.
• Maintain relations with existing clients
• Sales coordination of all group outings or pre-sale programs:
o Catered and non-catered events
o Consignment ticket sales & accounting servicing
o Advance ticket sales
o After hours facility rentals
• Operational coordination of corporate events with all departments within the Zoo
• On-site coordination of all corporate events/outings, ensuring adequate staffing
• Process rental/caterer/insurance agreements for all corporate events and ticket sales programs
• Draft sales proposals and contracts
• Support and assist with special in-house events as required
• Provide manager with sales call reports
• Ensure staff is offering best guest service
Demonstrates leadership of employees through ongoing training to include applicable laws, Zoo policies, business conduct and ethics and the provision of quality services to guests and employees supporting the highest level of program integrity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Possess effective interpersonal skills and sales skills
• Ability to work 5 days a week, including weekends and night events
• Possess skills to operate basic office equipment
• Valid driver license with acceptable motor vehicle record to maintain zoo standards of insurability
Education and/or Experience:
• 1-3 years experience in supervisory position with catering or entertainment industry
• Sales experience preferred
• Background in theme park, resort, and/or entertainment venues a plus
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Team oriented environment
• Ability to work irregular hours (holidays and weekends)
• Ability to work special events and functions as required
• Ability to work outdoors in heat, cold and inclement weather
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as a complete inventory of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
This is a full-time position and offers the following benefits:
• Medical and Prescription Drug (Employee Coverage 90% Employer Paid, Dependent Coverage 55% Employer Paid)
• Basic Life AD&D (100% Employer Paid)
• Short Term Disability (100% Employer Paid)
• Long Term Disability (100% Employer Paid)
• Supplemental Life
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Time Off (Accrual Equivalent to 5 Weeks Per Year)
• PTO Rollover
• PTO Sell Back
• Free Zoo Membership
• Free Guest Passes
• Discounts on Food, Merchandise, Attractions, Admission and Programs