Event Sales CoordinatorFort Worth Zoo
This position will assist the Event Sales Department in executing all aspects of Zoo events and attending to correspondence and paperwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Event Planning: tickets, contracts, and vendor coordination
• Make reservations for groups coming to the Zoo
• Assist in executing group events:
o Meeting with client(s)
o Event setup and breakdown
o Supervising work crew during event (on-site coordination)
o Maintain hourly employee scheduling
o Responsible for invoices, surveys and follow up letters
• Conduct Event Sales Tours
• Assist with outer market coupon blitzes and consignment
• Run errands as needed
• Ensure staff is offering best guest service
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Possess skills to operate basic office equipment
• Possess basic knowledge in computer operation
• Valid driver license with acceptable motor vehicle record to maintain zoo standards of insurability
Education and/or Experience:
• Computer skills, organizational and writing/communication skills
• High School diploma required
• Bachelors degree preferred
• Catering and special event experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Team oriented environment
• Ability to work irregular hours (holidays and weekends)
• Ability to work special events and functions as required
• Ability to work outdoors in heat, cold and inclement weather