Event Sales Administrative AssistantFort Worth Zoo
This position is responsible for coordinating administrative functions for event sales department and Senior Director of Revenue Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide administrative assistance to Event Sales Manager and Assistant Manager, Sales Representatives, Event Coordinator and Revenue Operations Senior Director
• Act as Event Sales receptionist, screen calls and visitors, and refer inquiries as appropriate
• Maintain data base for group sales – coupons, consignments, daycares
• Implement packages for groups to include lunch, admission and attractions
• Assist with group sales projects as requested
• Assist with new and existing consignment files by posting financial transactions and record ticket issues and returns
• Make reservations for groups coming to Zoo
• Gather, organize and prepare information for comprehensive reports as requested
• Type correspondence and flyers for Event Sales/Revenue Operations events/projects
• Prepare outgoing mail
• Responsible for the purchase and maintenance of all Event Sales supplies and equipment
• Run errands
• Involved in on-site execution of events when necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Possess effective interpersonal skills and sales skills
• Possess skills to operate basic office equipment
• Valid driver license with acceptable motor vehicle record to maintain zoo standards of insurability
Education and/or Experience:
• 2-5 years experience in office environment with demonstrated knowledge of office procedures and equipment
• Must possess extensive computer experience using MS office in Windows 07, Excel and Access
• Possess well-developed written and verbal communication, as well as excellent time management and organizational skills, with attention to detail
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Team oriented environment
• Ability to work irregular hours (holidays and weekends)
• Ability to work special events and functions as required
• Ability to work outdoors in heat, cold and inclement weather