Driver CDL Class AFort-Worth, Texas Area Jobs
Contract Service Provider in the Fort Worth, TX area in need of an experienced driver with Class A CDL with Doubles/Triples Endorsement to run Evenings/Nights. (No Doubles Experience Necessary). Hazmat is a plus but not required. Position requires a minimum of 1-year tractor-trailer experience in the last 3 years or 5 years in the past 10 years. Clean MVR with no serious violations. DUIs not accepted. No felony criminal convictions. We need drivers who can work independently. Familiarity with good pre-trip and post-trip inspections and attention to detail is a must. Must be comfortable hooking/unhooking trailers and converter dollies to/from a tractor and/or trailer. All drivers will need to be approved by FedEx Ground before being eligible. One week paid vacation after 6 months of service. Pay is per mile. Driver will be eligible for yearly performance bonuses after 1 year of service. Great opportunity for the right professional.
Job Type: Full-time
- No Touch Freight
- Must be able to work independently
- Qualified applicants must have clean MVR, clean background check and pass drug test.
- Operate tractor-trailer combination, including doubles (and triples, where applicable)
- Perform daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment Hook/unhook trailers and converter dollies to/from a tractor and/or trailer
- Comply with hazardous material regulations and procedures
- Follow dispatch instructions and communicate with dispatch as required, including but not limited to: delays, arrivals and equipment problems
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Complete daily trip log - Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- 1 year driving experience in the past 3 years (or 5 years of experience in the past 10 years: 1 year)
Required license or certification:
- CDL Class A with Doubles Endorsement Qualifications: - Must possess a class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with Doubles/Triples Endorsement to Run Evenings/Nights. (No Doubles Experience Necessary)
- Must possess one (1) year experience within most recent three (3) years or successful completion of FedEx Freight Driver Development Course
- Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards
- Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements under section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) regulations
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, bend, twist, squat, climb in and out of truck
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member