Strategic Growth ManagerFort Worth Star-Telegram
McClatchy is looking for a Strategic Growth Manager to join our Digital Audience Development team, to develop partnerships that will grow digital audience and revenue.
Do you have a solid understanding of the complexities of digital media, audience growth, sales, distribution and marketing?
Do you thrive in a position where you can make a big impact in a growth area of a corporation?
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are comfortable with ambiguity?
Do you have sales experience and are comfortable hearing “NO”?
If YES, read on. McClatchy is looking for a Strategic Growth Manager to join our Digital Audience Development team.
As our Strategic Growth Manager, you will have:
- National responsibility to develop partnerships that will grow digital audience and revenue. This includes digital single copy, digital hotel programs, digital airport and other travel relationships and other micro-payment digital opportunities.
- National responsibility for designing and executing a series of sales & marketing and digital engagement campaigns directed at growing on-demand digital access and bulk subscriptions for all McClatchy properties.
- Goals and audience targets, revenue targets, and expense targets for each of our properties, with the sum of all equating to an operating cash flow target for the company.
The position is expected to contribute to delivering on these targets, anticipate shortfalls and identify areas for improvement or alternative plans to meet established goals as necessary.
- Responsible for developing relationships with hotels, retailers, airlines, convention and visitors bureaus and other businesses with the target of growing McClatchy’s digital access business.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of comprehensive digital sales plans that deliver the needed volume to support each property’s digital targets.
- Facilitates, develops and align the digital single copy sales and marketing initiatives with each property’s overall marketing plans.
- Works to develop the needed creative offerings to support national campaigns.
- Coordinate the production process for sales/marketing materials to include copywriting, graphic design, printing specs/quotes and printing.
- Responsible for ensuring that all digital single copy marketing programs meet the needed ROI and targeted average rate per unit of sale as outlined in each property’s budget.
- Analyzes weekly and periodic digital single copy sales volumes utilizing the information to make needed adjustments and to develop strategic plans for the future.
- Performs scheduling of promotional media, signage and consumer messaging to ensure that all are linked to each of the McClatchy properties.
- Responsible for knowing, communicating and delivering on the key performance indicator targets for each of the McClatchy Properties.
- Ensures that all contracted work is done in accordance with the agreement the vendor has with us, with governing laws, policies and the McClatchy Company values and Code of Business Ethics.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years related experience; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong successful leadership ability
- Solid understanding of the complexities of digital media, audience growth, sales, distribution and marketing.
- Sales experience with a proven history of success, comfortable hearing “No” and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to sustain relationships with clients by providing them support, information and guidance, and researching and recommending new opportunities.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft word and Excel.
- Must be highly organized, have good judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability to travel as required.