Instructor/Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Position Title: Instructor/Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Location: Main Campus | Hudson, NY
Application Deadline: February 15, 2023
Columbia-Greene Community College seeks a full-time, tenure track Instructor/Assistant Professor of Chemistry who is dedicated to excellence in teaching and desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, and student-centered learning community. The ideal candidate will bring undergraduate teaching experience and share the College's commitment to educating a racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. A master’s degree in chemistry, health science, or a closely related field is required. This position will help support the College’s health science concentrations within the Math/Science A.S. degree program. This position will begin September 1, 2023.
- Provide the expertise, enthusiasm, knowledge, and skills to teach a range of college-level science courses, including fundamentals of chemistry, general chemistry, and other courses relevant to the health sciences.
- Maintain expertise in current teaching methodologies, technologies, and curricula while developing new instructional materials and techniques to meet the changing needs of students.
- Assist in the development, distribution, and collection of assessments for courses and program objectives.
- Serve as a member of Natural Sciences division and participate on college committees.
- Engage students through scheduled office hours and email communication.
- Utilize the College’s learning management system for course development, grading, and communication.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and administrators to enhance instruction, curriculum, and student success.
- Perform other duties as required by contract, collective bargaining agreement, and general institutional needs in a timely manner.
- Participate in college and community activities.
- The college offers courses in the following modalities: On-campus (day/evening), Remote, Online, Hybrid, and HyFlex. Faculty may be required to teach a class in any of these formats.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of students.
Salary and Benefit Information
Contractual salary and rank will be commensurate with education and work experience. The College offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, generous sick leave, paid holidays, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plans, tax-deferred compensation, as well as employee and dependent tuition waivers.
For full consideration, applicants must submit the following: (1) cover letter; (2) CV; (3) teaching philosophy statement and (4) contact information for three professional references. Submit all as a single PDF document to: HR@sunycgcc.edu.
Columbia-Greene Community College does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student or applicant for admission based on an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identification, gender expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction or any other category protected by law. The College adheres to all federal and state civil rights laws prohibiting discrimination in public institutions of higher education.
The College makes every reasonable effort to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for individuals with documented disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodations for completing the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 518-697-6337.