Police Officer or Police RecruitCity of Watauga
Job Title: Police Officer (Watauga Police Department Entrance Exam)
Salary:$55,748.00 - $72,738.00 Annually
Job Type: Full TimeLocation:7101 Whitley Road, Watauga, TX 76148
Full Job Details & to apply please visit: www.wataugatx.org/jobs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform crime prevention and detection activities enforcing federal, state and local laws, preserving peace and protecting property and lives.
- Work involves responsibility for rapid and efficient performance of law enforcement specialized duties under normal and emergency conditions, and may involve threats to personal safety and/or life.
- Respond to emergency calls to protect lives and property often times involving criminal activities.
- Patrol assigned area to prevent and detect criminal activities normally operating a City vehicle.
- Initiate applicable investigation techniques to develop and prosecute criminals under each offense.
- Document investigative actions, interviews, interrogations, subpoena procurement; written statements; affidavits for evidentiary warrants and arrest warrants; evidence collection; identification, location and apprehension of perpetrator and property recovery.
- Investigate non-criminal actions such as missing persons, found property, etc.
- Conduct specialized undercover investigations as assigned.
- Apprehend suspected criminals as situation dictates.
- Prepare activity reports detailing patrol/investigation occurrences and submit reports to superiors for review.
- Enforce traffic laws through patrol and issuance of citations.
- Investigate and prepare crime/traffic reports on criminal activities and traffic accidents.
- Maintains familiarity with maps and related road networks within the City's area and within those areas with Mutual Aid Response Agreements.
- Participate in all scheduled and assigned training classes.
- Participate in Police Department crime prevention and education programs and activities.
- Communicate among assigned personnel, other employees throughout the city, upper management and the general public as necessitated by the position.
- Maintain vehicles and equipment.
- Allow for self-availability in order to work all shifts.
- Perform other job-related duties consistent with assigned division responsibilities.
- May perform other assignments and handle special projects as required.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age and have not reached the age of 51 before the date of hire. Applicant must hold a valid Texas Driver's License.
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Applicant must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Applicant must be able to read and write the English language.
- Applicants who are hired as recruits will be required to attend and successfully pass the Police Academy are subject to an eighteen (18) month probation period.