Marketing and Communications Specialist
Marketing and Communications Specialist
The City is accepting applications along with resumes for position of Marketing and Communications Specialist
The Marketing and Communications Specialist serves as an important part of the City of Benbrook’s Economic Development team. The team’s objectives are to drive economic growth and sustainability, improve citizen communication, and provide quality community events. These objectives are all aimed at helping to improve the quality of life for Benbrook residents. Under direct supervision of the Director, the Marketing and Communications Specialist will be responsible for managing and implementing the tourism component of the department and assisting with other marketing, communication, and economic development needs, as necessary. In addition, the Marketing and Communications Specialist will also be responsible for assisting in the development and management of the hotel motel tax fund budget.
Essential Job Duties
- Manages the tourism component of the City of Benbrook and increases tourism through travel trend research, developing and implementing marketing plans, social media campaigns, website management, creating brochures and marketing pieces, working with local hotels and event planners, attending tourism related events, and managing the visitor center.
- Coordinates and manages several community events.
- Assists with the development and management of the hotel motel tax fund budget.
- Assists with the development and management of the City Newsletter and Annual Report.
- Assists with the management of the City’s social media platforms and website.
- Makes presentations to event planners, City Council, Chamber of Commerce, and other organizations as needed.
- Conducts special research and develops reports as needed.
- Manages vendors and contracts.
- Assists with economic development activities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
This individual will be highly motivated, detailed oriented, and capable of managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and working well with a variety of stakeholders. Experience and proficiency in community event planning and volunteer coordination, budgeting, and managing vendors and contractors is a must.
Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, exceptional creative writing skills (testing required), and the ability to work independently or as a team with a high degree of professionalism, creativity, and attention to detail. This position should have experience in graphic design and possess proficiency in common software programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint. This position must have the initiative to learn new software applications related to webpage management, governmental access channel scheduling, and graphic design. Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Outlook is desirable.
Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with elected and appointed officials, citizens, vendors, contractors, volunteer and civic groups, and other city employees at all levels. Must engage and communicate with state and federal agencies relative to requirements, procedures, and guidelines.
Minimum Education, Experience, and Certification
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Administration, Business, Economics, or related field is required. Demonstrated skills in writing/publishing, social media management, event planning, organization, time management, and effective communication are essential. The ability to work evenings and weekends as needed. The ideal candidate will possess at least five years of experience in applicable tourism, marketing, event planning, and communications, and at least three years of progressive public sector experience.
Employees of the City of Benbrook receive paid medical, life and dental insurance, optional dependent insurance at employee expense, retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays, and optional deferred compensation plan.
Salary Range: $59,546 to $79,797 annually