Manager of Economic Development and Marketing
The City of Benbrook is accepting application and resumes for the position of Manager of Economic Development and Marketing.
Salary Range: $71,000.10 to $95,146.93 annually.
The Manager of Economic Development and Marketing serves as an important part of the City of Benbrook’s Economic Development team. The team’s objectives are to drive economic growth and sustainability, improve citizen communication, and provide quality community events. These objectives are all aimed at helping to improve the quality of life for Benbrook residents. Under direct supervision of the Director, the Manager of Economic Development and Marketing will assist the Director in planning, managing, and overseeing activities and operations in the department while providing highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Director.
Essential Job Duties
- Assists with managing the Business Retention and Expansion Program, such as the Storefront Improvement Grant Program, ZoomBusiness and Zoom Prospector, and business site visits as assigned.
- Assists with business recruitment efforts as assigned.
- Assists with the management of the Economic Development budget.
- Manages content on the EDC webpage.
- Assists with marketing and public information efforts as assigned, such as the City Newsletter and City Annual Report.
- Assists with the City’s social media platforms and website.
- Manages special economic development events such as the Business Expo and small business week activities.
- Coordinates department booths for special economic development events with the marketing and communications specialist.
- Manages welcome packets for new businesses.
- Conducts special research and develops reports as needed.
- Manages vendors, contracts, and pays invoices.
- Prepares BEDC Board meeting agenda packets under the direction of the Director.
- Attends all BEDC Board meetings.
- Assists with other City events as needed.
- Ability to travel occasionally when needed.
- Maintains an economic development business leads and contacts Access Database.
- Manages other departmental staff as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
The City of Benbrook is committed to providing exceptional customer service and expects employees to “go the extra mile” whenever possible to respond to our citizens. This position will often represent the face and voice of the city and is ideally suited for an individual with a public servant approach to service delivery.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
This individual will be highly motivated, detailed oriented, and capable of managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and working well with a variety of stakeholders. In addition, this individual must maintain confidentiality of all business prospect information. Experience in marketing, communications, economic development, project management strategies, and managing vendors and contracts is essential.
Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, exceptional writing and communication skills (testing required), and the ability to work independently or as a team with a high degree of professionalism and attention to detail. This position requires proficiency in Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. This position does not require expertise in graphic design, but the individual should possess the ability to take initiative and learn new software applications related to webpage management, governmental access channel scheduling, and graphic design, as needed. Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is desirable.
Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with elected and appointed officials, citizens, vendors, contractors, business owners, volunteer and civic groups, and other city employees at all levels. Must engage and communicate with state and federal agencies relative to requirements, procedures, and guidelines.
Minimum Education, Experience, and Certification
Bachelor’s degree in economics, marketing, communications, public administration, business, or related field is required. A master’s degree is preferred. Demonstrated skills in program development and management, writing/publishing, social media management, organization, time management, and effective communication are essential. The ideal candidate should possess 3-5 years of professional experience in economic development, marketing, tourism, communications, administration, or municipal government.