$15.00 per hour - 20 hours per week - Hours are 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Summary of Job: Works under direction of Court Administrator. This position will assist with customers at the cashier's window and on the telephone. Provides general customer services an performs various general clerical tasks.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate effectively, professionally and courteously with the public in person, on the telephone and in writing. Advise defendants of their rights and judicial basic procedures.
- Assists with the input of traffic, parking and general citations information into the computer system; creates and prints complaints for citations as needed.
- Performs various general clerical functions, calculations and monetary transactions.
- Collect, balance and deposit all court fines, fees, bonds and miscellaneous receipts.
- Updates detailed case files, maintaining up-to-date, correct court records, including status changes, clerk comments and address changes.
- Provides a wide variety of general customer services.
- Answers telephone as needed and provides information.
- Accurately confirms and clears warrants when required.
- Processes dispositions and assists with court dockets.
Performs all other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to read and understand State laws and municipal ordinances in dealing with Court transactions. Ability to operate a telephone system an effectively communicate to staff and citizens. Skilled in various office machines, including personal computers using Microsoft Word and Excel, typewriters, calculators, facsimile equipment, scanners, and copiers. Ability to relay accurate messages to departments.
Application deadline: Open until filled