Heavy Equipment Operator, III
THIS POSITION WILL CLOSE ON: 8/3/2021.
SALARY: $16.67 - 20.83 Hourly USD
Under general supervision operates complex heavy motorized equipment capable of performing multiple functions simultaneously. Equipment is used for construction and/or maintenance of City streets, right of ways, and municipal properties.
Essential Job Functions
1. Ability to operate walking excavator, winch truck, gradall, backhoe, tandem dump truck, front-end loader and other motorized equipment of comparable size and complexity.
2. Ability to perform other related general maintenance work.
3. Ability to coordinate and/or train other crew members in the operation of equipment in the absence of the crew chief.
4. Ability to perform minor repairs and adjustments to equipment.
5. Ability to observe equipment during operation to ensure major mechanical malfunctions are reported and to service equipment daily to determine the need for gasoline, oil, water, air, etc.
Other Job Functions
6. Ability to plan, direct, monitor and provide management oversight for Water Treatment, Laboratory Services, and Water Resource Services activities. Provides management of personnel including hiring, performance evaluations, discipline, rulemaking, safety assurance, and other duties supporting a team environment.
7. Ability to plan, direct and monitor preparation and implementation of annual operating budget and capital improvement projects for Water Treatment, Laboratory Services, and Water Resource Services
8. Ability to plan and implement actions that ensure meeting all regulatory requirements for water treatment, production, pretreatment, watershed management, and laboratory services.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of operating characteristics of heavy equipment.
· Knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of construction.
· Skill in operating related heavy equipment safely and efficiently.
· Skill in performing minor repairs and adjustments to equipment.
· Skill in communicating with other city employees and the public by oral and written means.
· Ability to understand and follow written instructions.
· Ability to tolerate noise, rough movement and other discomforts created by equipment.
· Ability to oversee a crew in absence of a Crew Chief.
· Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and make fine discriminations in sound.
· Ability to perform a variety of physical skills including, but not limited to seeing, sitting, carrying, lifting and writing.
· Ability to operate a motorized vehicle.
· Ability to push/pull 45 lbs. for 100 feet.
· Ability to operate a variety of equipment including, but not limited to walking excavator, winch truck and tandem truck.
· Ability to work outdoors and withstand extremes of weather and temperature.
· Incumbent is subject to fume/odor, dust/mites, chemical, mechanical and electrical hazards.
Two years experience operating heavy equipment of similar complexity. Possession of a valid Texas Operator's License, CDL. This offer of employment is conditional upon satisfactory completion of the following:
· Criminal History Check
· Drug and Alcohol Testing
· Physical Examination
· Physical Ability Evaluation