Facilities Director - St. Clare Commons
Responsible for the planning, organizing, directing, and developing of the overall operation of the Facilities Department in accordance with all regulatory and accrediting agencies.
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, and directs the maintenance, safety, and security programs.
- Compiles inventory of all facility equipment and systems and develops preventative maintenance procedure for each item.
- Schedules work order services and repairs on a priority basis.
- Maintains the following facility support systems through department personnel or outside contractors: heating, cooling, ventilation, water, plumbing, electrical, electronic, communication systems, appliances, equipment, and grounds.
- Recommends development, improvement, alteration, and redecoration of physical plant and grounds to the Executive Director.
- Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
- In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Director of Facilities shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission statement and core values (reverence, integrity, compassion, excellence) of CHI Living Communities and will be evaluated on such basis.
- Education – Two years college or technical training preferred
- Experience: Seven years building maintenance, three years supervision, knowledge of Life Safety Code, and state nursing home and residential care regulations. Long-term care or hospital experience preferred.
- Attendance: Excellent Attendance Record