Chief Operating Officer (COO) - Manufacturing
Medium size plastic (HDPE) outdoor furniture manufacturer is looking for a COO to run a new plant in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Company is well established and adding a Texas plant.
- Must have manufacturing experience.
- Must have experience running a medium to large operation and building new operations.
- Must have experience overseeing up to 50 persons.
- Experience in the plastic (HDPE) industry and/or furniture business is a plus.
- Must be experienced with QuickBooks (accounting software).
- Degree in Engineering preferred and strong understanding of accounting and financial principals and reporting.
- Must have resume that exhibits the ability to be a self-starter and entrepreneurial in nature.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising all daily operations of the company, including IT, sales, logistics, marketing, and production.
- Preparing and presenting reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer on all matters related to the business.
- Performing employee reviews and developing corrective action plans if needed.
- Developing and implementing strategies, procedures, and business plans needed to enhance company growth.
- Working with the executive team to set company performance goals.
- Cultivating and providing opportunities for rising talent within the organization.
- Solid understanding of staff management, industry specifics, and business strategies.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Superior management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm and focused in stressful situations.
- Salary is negotiable.
Qualified candidates will need to have a high level of business acumen, organizational skills, and interpersonal communication skills since they will be responsible for implementing complex systems and managing business relationships with company partners and staff. They will need to be a rational and reflective thinker, considering all possible outcomes and areas for improvement, while also being decisive and confident enough to follow through on a strategic vision. They will need to enjoy problem solving and be able to adapt to outside influencing factors as well as be able to streamline processes and procedures.