State University of New York
Binghamton University seeks a Budget Analyst to serve as a key resource for stakeholders in various areas of budget development, control, execution, analysis, monitoring, and reporting. The analyst is responsible for handling projects of various sizes by means of data mining through the use of business intelligence tools and Microsoft Excel. The ability to gather, analyze, evaluate, and reconcile complex information from internal and external sources is fundamental to this role. The analyst will also consolidate that complex information into summarized, simplified form for presentation to end users.
The Budget Office administers the University’s State appropriated budgets totaling more than $350M annually. The Budget Analyst will be expected to work well across a diverse campus population, to interact collegially, and to maintain the highest standard of integrity and ethical behavior. The selected candidate will be able to manage multiple projects and priorities, will be action-oriented, and will have top-notch analytical skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in managing day-to-day budget operations
- Prepare and process budget journals at the request of University departments and administration
- Analyze and reconcile segregations, special accounts and programs, and spending reports
- Support the development of the University’s operational budget
- Monitor operating budget reports; analyze and coordinate any corrective actions
- Field department budget inquiries, investigate solutions, and make appropriate recommendations
- Examine budgetary and financial activity for assigned units, research variances, and provide recommendations as needed
- Assist departments with budget projections and spending plan execution, ensuring compliance with SUNY and campus policies
- Run various revenue and expenditure reports (projection to actual, multi-year trending, etc.) and perform variance analyses to troubleshoot issues and assist in policy compliance
- Provide ad hoc analyses to assist in solving business issues
- Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate to rank and departmental mission
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to develop, evaluate, and present datasets to management
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, organizational, and technological skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, use initiative, follow through, and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Experience in a SUNY or Higher Education financial environment
- Experience working in a large complex organization
- Experience with Business Intelligence reporting tools
More details and application instructions can be found at https://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=157382
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
As required by title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.