Communications & Marketing Specialist II/III
Communications & Marketing Specialist II/III
Requisition Number S1618P
Under general direction, the Office of Information Technology (OIT) Communications Specialist is responsible for leading communication efforts directly focused on internal OIT functions, as well as the interactions with Distributed IT and the greater campus community. This includes change management within the OIT organization, IT reporting, cyber incident relations, IT strategic planning and service awareness. This position will play a crucial role in maintaining and improving the level of IT service that customers receive, working to build greater community between the OIT organization and our customers. This includes students, faculty, staff and IT facilitators across campus.
About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
This position assists the Chief Information Officer, Executive Director and other IT Directors in creating project specific communication plans; develops or assists in the development of OIT’s website and other social media site content; works closely with OIT team to develop IT learning tools, media, and publications; provides direct support to the Chief Information Officer and Executive Director to draft and review official correspondence, communications, and presentations.
This position will serve as Communications Liaison between IT and the Office of Communications and Marketing. Works closely with unit leads to draft and develop policy documents; completes University and third-party surveys as necessary; develops and manages IT Employee Recognition program; maintains files, databases, electronic records of materials.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Journalism, Communications, Marketing or relevant field
- 2 Years of Experience
- Marketing and communications services to include print journalism. Degree may be substituted for years of experience.
- To be considered for the Level III position, the applicants must have at least 4 or more years of marketing and communication experience to include print journalism.
- When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience.
- Strong MS Office suite skills. Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to build and maintain relationships across the organization. Communicates clearly in all written and verbal interactions with others. Possesses the ability to articulate technical concepts effectively to non-technical customers.
- Experience in higher education preferred. Graphic design skills, including a creative, out-of-the-box designer mind and experience working with the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience with the creation and deployment of video content and video design.
Salary Range $35,000 - $65,500
Link for Postingshttps://www.auemployment.com/postings/28992
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.