Philanthropic Grants CoordinatorACH Child and Family Services
Philanthropic Grants Coordinator
Philanthropic Grant Coordinator
Responsible for supporting the philanthropic grants program of ACH Child and Family Services reporting to the Director of Development. Through management of the grants program, the Coordinator will renew, and develop new philanthropic funding for the agency. The position includes writing the annual case for support and supporting initiatives through letters of inquiry, grant research, preparation, submission and post award stewardship. Requires sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a business, communication or liberal arts field.
Experience: Must have three or more years of demonstrated grant experience in securing annual awards and a proven track record in writing and managing the grants process. Demonstrated organizational collaboration and attention to detail is required. Candidate must have understanding of moves management system and use of constituent software and prospect research methods.
Functional: Must be able to write effectively, be extremely well organized, adhere to deadlines and schedules, be detail- oriented, work well with all levels of internal staff and be capable of working independently. and demonstrate command of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Heavy computer usage, administrative and clerical functions in a “team” office environment, attendance, as needed, at public functions, and some evening and weekend work required. Lifting files and office supplies required, up to 25 pounds.
Exposure to Confidential Information:
Maintain confidentiality and follow policies related to volunteer, personnel, and client records. Uphold the Donor Bill of Rights.
- Works with Director to identify potential annual grant goals and then builds tactical plans to achieve these goals.
- Utilizes online research tools and maintains electronic files and grant moves management using constituent database for benchmarking and reporting.
- Research and evaluate grant opportunities and match potential.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Develops letters of inquiry, funding proposals and submission and required reports to by organizing specific action plans.
- Write and maintain agency case statement including individual program descriptions, financial and outcome goals.
- Coordinates agency United Way application and reporting.
- Maintains grants calendar and complies with all grant reporting as required by donors.
- Contributes to a coordinated matrix of communication strategies through email and letters, with some personal visitation.
- Work effectively with program and finance representatives to gain strong engagement to respond to grant fundraising for the annual and capital budgets.
- Support other departmental initiatives and activities as assigned.