Human Resource SpecialistACH Child and Family Services
Human Resource Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Supervisor: Human Resource Manager
Direct Reports: None
Responsible for administering various human resource plans and procedures. The Talent Management Specialist will support and organize department goals and objectives to support talent management strategic plan. The job requires sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
Education: High School with PHR or SHRM-CP, bachelor’s degree in business related field preferred
Experience: Three years’ experience supporting Talent Management functions in Human Resources with High School diploma, one-year experience in general Human Resources with a bachelor’s degree. Experience with Applicant Tracking System preferred.
Functional: Must be able to handle multiple task, detail-oriented, able to work independently. Must demonstrate excellent customer services skills. Strong oral and written communication skills.
Working Conditions: Sitting long periods of time at computer, receive and return phone calls. Occasional travel to recruiting events.
Exposure to Confidential Information: Maintain confidentiality, and follow policies related to personnel records.
- Full cycle recruiting, internal and external
- Evaluate and direct all applications to appropriate hiring supervisor
- Provide phone/email applicant screening as needed by supervisors
- Post open positions internally and externally, in the relevant websites.
- Work with Marketing to maximize the use of social media in Employer Branding and Recruitment
- Coordinate interview schedules as requested by hiring supervisor
- Responsible for background clearance compliance, pre hiring and updates.
- Screening, testing and orientation of new employees
- Engage with Universities/Colleges and other organizations, identifying and attending job fairs as needed
- Responsible for MVR reports
- Support continuous improvement of our recruitment processes and practices
- Employee Engagement
- Plan, draft and deliver information from the HR Department to staff
- Participate in agency wellness and engagement committee and events
- Provide assistance to employee request
- Conduct Employee exit interviews
- Lead the recognition programs, including: tenure (3, 5, 10, 15, 20 years) and Great People Great Service.