AccountantACH Child and Family Services
The Accountant will be responsible for various accounting functions which may include foster care/adoption billing, reconciling accounts and payments, researching variances, preparing audit schedules and reports, reviewing financial reports, preparing government compliance reports and other general accounting duties. This position utilizes advanced accounting knowledge to assist in the administration of the overall fiscal control of the organization.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Business required.
At least two years of general accounting experience (three years preferred) including A/P & A/R, General Ledger, Payroll, MS Word, & MS Excel. MS Excel proficiency at an intermediate level preferred. Experience with Abila (formerly Sage) MIP software a plus. Nonprofit experience a plus. A least one year supervising experience preferred.
- Prepare adoption billing for the state and provider network.
- Reconcile payments received to billings and services provided.
- Prepare schedules and financial reports.
- Research and resolve variances.
- Prepare various government and contract compliance reports.
- Monitoring of program and department financial reports to assure compliance with approved budgets.
- Adhere to standard practice internal control procedures for all aspects of accounting.
- Other tasks, projects and reports as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
Exposure to Confidential Information:
Maintain confidentiality & follow policies related to personnel records, client records, payroll records, and ACH’s financial records.
- Maintain high ethical standards which are outlined in the ACH Child & Family Services Code of Ethics.
- Ensure that all financial information is reported in an accurate and timely manner dependent upon receipt of financial documents.
- Ensure current and accurate tracking of all restricted funds, donations, grants, collaborative agency efforts, capital campaign and other revenue projects.
- Ensure current and accurate tracking of all expenses.
- Work with a cooperative and willing attitude.
- Communicate effectively with others in the agency and outside of the agency.
- Cross train with other staff in the department and back